|What is the topic and the challenge being addressed?
- Climate change and global climate action
|What are the major trends and initiatives in the field?
- Paris Agreement
- Regulatory and corporate action to combat climate change
|What is current progress, and is it on track?
- Current Paris pledges and corporate/regulatory are not on pace to limit climate change to a 1.5 C or 2.0 C scenario
|What could net positive change / outcomes look like?
||Net positive could...
- Open systemic emission reductions beyond supply chain (scope 3) emissions
- Enable reductions in others’ footprints
- Balance out those that will not achieve the 2°C global average target
|What is the role of the private sector?
- Demonstrate leadership through commitments (e.g. science-based targets) and action
- Encourage and respond to consumer action
- Support regulatory measures to combat climate change
|What are other key stakeholders, frameworks, etc. (select examples)?
- Paris Agreement and Nationally Determined Contributions
- Science-based targets and We Mean Business commitments
- Global/National/State/Local regulation